EXPERIENCED CLASS 8 DIESEL PARTS MANAGER
American Diesel Outfitters LLC ® is seeking -experienced Class 8 Diesel Parts Manager to fulfill a critical role in our clients operations. Generous compensation package to include relocation. Work with an elite leader in the industry!
You must be a US resident to apply for this position (Currently living in the united states) Starting pay will be based on experience and technical background.
**You MUST have experience with heavy truck dealership or distributership management**
Relocation assistance provided
The Parts Manager fulfills a critical role in our operations.This individual is responsible for supervising and directing all work completed within the parts department as well as managing the financial performance of the department. In addition, the Parts Manager helps oversee total dealership operations as part of the management team.
Responsible for overall and daily management of parts department operations and staff.
*This position carries highly probable advancement to executive level leadership, therefore a BA/BS or 10+ years of related experience is strongly preferred.*
* Oversee the daily operations of the parts department.
* Assure adequate manpower and supplies are available to complete work assignments.
* Resolve issues regarding parts or manpower shortages.
* Manage all parts department functions including sales, inventory control, shipping, receiving, cycle counting, and recordkeeping.
* Ensure effective part warehouse processing, flow and strategy.
* Develop and manage annual departmental budget.
* Monitor progress towards budgeted goals and implement cost controls or reductions as necessary.
* Monitor gross profit levels.
* Review and utilize P&L statements.
* Assess departmental performance regarding quality of service and customer satisfaction.
* Follow up on escalated customer service concerns or complaints and ensure satisfactory resolution.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Ensure proper safety training and standards are in place, and that safety policies and procedures are followed.
* Identify need for and implement process improvements.
* Develop marketing plans with sales and marketing departments to develop and increase parts department business.
* Contact customers to generate additional business.
* Plan and direct complete physical inventory annually.
* Establish work standards and evaluate parts department staff's performance.
* Identify, address, and implement employee development and training opportunities.
* Hire, counsel, and discharge parts department staff as necessary.
Bachelor's Degree or 10+ years related experience strongly preferred.
* Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
* Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
* Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
* Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
* Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
* Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Certificates & Licenses
Some college strongly preferred. Prior experience in a parts department required. Prior experience in a customer service department required. Strong technical product knowledge required. Prior managerial experience required. Prior sales experience (retail and wholesale) required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Ph: (405) 928-4461